FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Volunteering for VDB on TATL Codeshare
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:36 pm
davetravels
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I don't think you can get a voucher for VDB from anywhere else. A month or so ago I offered to VDB on an AF CDG-JFK flight and was told they'd offer a €300 voucher. I don't know if it was negotiable as I was not needed. I may have gotten the chance had I gotten to the gate sooner.
I got AF vouchers both last Aug on CDG/DTW and this Aug on CDG/JFK. I always inquire about it at check-in, and they have processed me there. This Aug, they told me they were over by at least 10 more pax, so there was NO problem handling it at the check-in counter. They told me that IDB would be somewhere around double that, for a point of info, but they also told me, that if I went to the gate, they'd never IDB a STE+ member.

Last year they offered me a 500€ voucher, then they told me that the agent made a mistake, and 300€ was the MAX they could offer. I WAS LIVID!! Absolutely NO budging on the 300€! Also, both times I was offered 150€ cash as an option. After what I had gone thru trying to use last year's voucher - this year, I swore I'd always take the cashola, but, I didn't!