FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:18 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Any reason not to buy flights, rooms, car rentals via Ultimate Rewards mall?

Perhaps this is asked and answered somewhere, but I did a search and came up empty. A few questions:

1. Given that I get two UR points per $ for buying an airline ticket or hotel room using my Chase Sapphire and an additional UR point per $ for doing so on the UR site, is there any reason why I shouldn't purchase via that site?
2. More specifically, will I still get the status perks and the airline/hotel/car rental points and miles that accrue to my membership in, e.g., Starwood, AA or Hertz? (I realize, by the way, that sometimes it might make more sense to buy using a a hotel or airline affiliated cc -getting extra Starwood points if using the Starwood Amex card to stay at a Starwood property, for example.)
3. Finally, I've read a few posts about UR points not posting via mall purchases. How frequent is that and does it just apply to the third point for purchasing via the mall or for the other two points for using the credit card.

Thanks for any help!