FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No waitlist possible (not even for Gold members)?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:38 pm
EK Captive

Programs: EK Gold, Etihad Gold, AA Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
Angry

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Trying to book a flight which has zero availability in my cabin (in no fare class whatsoever). I asked to be put on waitlist - the agent declined.

So I cannot even be put on a waiting list? I mean, it doesn't engage them to anything, it's my problem if the flight doesn't open up. Also, I am surprised that even as a gold member I cannot be put on the waiting list (let alone get what I would get from other airlines, which is a confirmed booking when calling >48 hours ahead).

Is there an error or is this just lame?

Thanks for any info
Ah yes ... the old "waitlist has been closed" issue. Happens all the time!! Very frustrating as it robs Gold members of the ability to get the front of the waitlist queue. Very bizarre!

Not sure if it is just another irrational Emirates policy or if they use an Atari 600XL for their reservation systems and hence have a limited number of waitlist slots!?!?!

In all seriousness, this policy is extremely poorly thought out, as it serves only to annoy customers, with no benefit whatsoever for EK. They could have a waitlist of a thousand passengers - the worst thing that can happen is that a large portion doesn't clear! Had quite a few conversations with the Gold desk about how absurd the concept of "closing the waitlist" is, but to no avail....