FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buried Treasure: UAE Empty Quarter & Beyond to Huvadhoo Atoll, Maldives UA, EY J, Q2
Old Nov 17, 2012, 2:52 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Ethiad Airways
Coral Economy Class -> Pearl Business -> Coral Economy
AUH-DOH (Abu Dhabi International Airport – Doha International Airport)
EY 399 – Economy Class (Q)
1:55 AM – 1:55 AM
Actual 3:10 AM – 3:15 AM
Oct 20, 2012
Booked: Airbus 320-100
Flown: Airbus 319-100

We ended up waiting in the lounge until about 10 minutes prior to departure for them to return with our passports. They had offered to accommodate us in business on Qatar airways, but by this point, we just opted to take the economy seats for the 1hr flight. It was the equivalent of 5 AM on the Maldivian time zone and we’d already been through two flights and a boat transfer that morning and were looking forward to getting some rest at the hotel in Doha.

Eventually, at about T-10, our passports were returned. We and one other passenger were led from the lounge to an awaiting bus to be taken out to a non gate position and were the last to board the aircraft.

I slept pretty much the whole way but they did drop off a baguette sandwich for us for this flight.

Of note for those experienced IRROPS with Plusgrade, I ended up having to call the Toronto Etihad ticket office to get the refund of the Plusgrade fee. It was credited automatically on my Visa Card that was on file.