FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:05 pm
LH SEN

Programs: marriott platinum
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines

So Will the European LH domestic flights become Gemanwings and thus a no frills service with our knees pressed against our ears in Economy? Similar thing happened to the BMI once it became LH group and they charged for coffee except if you were a Gold card carrier of BMI. I once showed my Senator card and was politely told that it had no value and thus asked to pay 5GBP for coffee on a MAN-LHR flight. A coffee that would have been offered free in the lounge and they wondered why tickets did not sell!

With the decline of the LH group service over the last 10 years in an attempt to maximise profit, LH is not realising that Easy jet, Ryan air and Air Berlin have already saturated that market. Moreover, any attempted to join them will mean that the loyal customers (SEN) will leave LH in search of the creature comforts. Or merely use the existing company’s at the cheaper price and expect NO service to which was paid for.

It should be noted that Air Berlin has recently sold off aircrafts. Which in my world means they are trying to balance the books in the short term. Which only works in the short term to pay off today’s creditors and you can only sell off a plane once!

Based on the trend that LH is driving. LH M&M members will become inactive as they sample the Oneworld and Skyteam systems. Although LH was a founder of Star Alliance their policies seem to mimic the problematic North American ways of Zero service instead of the service thinking South east Asian Star Members.

Although I have requalified as a senator, I for one have stopped flying LH Group for the next 3 months to sample the other European airlines to see if the status service is more reliable than LH. Being presented a middle seat on LX flight and being bumped from my MUC-LAX business window set for a UA member just does not do it for me.