FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it safe to go to Israel after Today events?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:06 am
eloraculo

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I wouldn't spend discretionary time and money visiting a country which is openly antagonising an unpredictable and unstable state such as Iran.

Whatever attractions Israel has, and I'm sure it has many, the risks associated with a visit have clearly increased with the tensions and attacks of the last few days.

Howver, the UK government has issued a formal warning only against travel to Gaza and to the areas of Israel within 40km of the Gaza perimeter (they are careful not to call it a border). The importance of the formal warning is it is sufficient reason to invoke travel insurance protection if we cancel travel. I suggest you check for travel advice with your own government department.

There is an odd, further, warning from the UK: Only hand your passport over to third parties including Israeli officials when absolutely necessary.
I read various travel warnings from different countries, but I don't think any had been changed yesterday.