FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piņon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 pm
colpuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by vortix
Just got back from a stay at this property. Redeemed 12,000 points for a night in a studio. I am a Platinum Gold Passport member. My $20 resort fee was waived...though it wasn't clear why it was waived.

As others mentioned, the location is great right in the center of Sedona. Plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. The studio is small, though I thought it was the size of an average hotel room. One thing to be aware of with the studio is that it does not have an in-unit washer/dryer like the 1- and 2-bedroom units do.

We found a large (2" long) giant agave bug (see http://thingsbiological.wordpress.co...phala-thomasi/ ) in our room. My fiancee doesn't like bugs, and had me insist on getting a different room. The front desk staff was very accomodating, even getting us a room with a better view. I asked if we could receive 1-bedroom unit since they had availability and we were only staying for one night. I was told they can't upgrade my room unless I paid a $50 fee to upgrade. I did think it was odd they were unable to grant a free upgrade to make up for a bad customer experience, but it wasn't a big deal anyway and I passed on paying $50 to upgrade.

Like the OP, I was offered $150 to attend a 90-minute timesharing presentation. I passed on that, as I had limited time in Sedona and wanted to make the most of it.

Something else that is worth mentioning is that Sedona has a no-light ordinance around town. There are no streetlights allowed anywhere, which allows for great views of the stars at night. Each room in this property has a flashlight that you will need to bring with you to get around town. If you can, try to get an upper floor unit with a balcony view of the stars. Also, if you have a problem climbing stairs, make sure to request a unit with minimal stairs (our first "upper-floor" unit had about 10 stairs going down from the parking lot to the unit, and our second "upper-floor" unit had 2 stairs going up).
The resort fee is currently waved as the property is changing internet providers.

There are no-stairs units, those are the ADA units and they generally do not come with a view of the red rocks.