FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late pickup - reservation cancelled
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:48 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by lemfc
When I returned the car in Springfield I spoke directly with a guy identifying himself as the manager - he agreed to honor my original rate - Today I discovered a charge on my credit card at the higher rate. What a mess. Would you dispute the charge or give dollar another phone call?
Give it a week for any potential credit to work its way through the system. It's possible the manager did a credit after the RA was closed. In that case, the charge would show up first, followed by the credit a few days after (due to the antiquated, non-real-time way in which the credit card systems work).

If no credit appears on your credit card statement within a week, call the location directly to see if the manager did actually adjust the rate as he said he would; if not, you can ask them to fix it at that time, but if they prove difficult, then call corporate and file a complaint, making sure to mention that you called and they specifically informed you that the no-show policy was six hours.

I am familiar with other Dollar locations who hold to a two-hour no-show policy, but they specifically outline it in the reservation terms and conditions.

Edited to add: I see this in the reservation T&C at dollar.com for SGF:

HOLD POLICY

Will honor reservations for 2 hours after original scheduled pick up time unless the location is closed for the day.
But in any case, the corp rep misinformed you, so corp should eat the difference in charges.