FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific First, Korean A380 First, a 72 hour hall pass & the RGN mistake fare
Old Nov 9, 2012, 2:14 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lewende
Again, a very nice report. Two things strike me when I read it:
(1) SFO777 was on Y cabin...geez,
(2) The immigration lobby is incredibly small, but nice and clean. How long did you take to clear the immigration/customs?
Thanks again lewende. Indeed Y but it was the bulkhead, only one row from J.

That lobby is not the actual immigration area. It's beyond the lobby, to the left of and past VOA area. C&I was actually organized and well staffed. Even with 200+ pax, the lines moved pretty quickly. I took a chance and used the Diplomatic lane, and friendly agent didn't seem to care.

Originally Posted by glennaa11
Probably because Mrs. SFO wasn't along?
After seeing your pictures now I want to go back again...
OMG. I wouldn't never have tried such a trip with the Mrs. She'd have been on the phone with her lawyer long before we got home.

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Brilliant & Bravo! Always a great read during lunch at the office. Your trip reports are just another reason for me to brown bag my lunches on occasion.
^^
Best LFC
Thanks luvFclass. You just made my day. I appreciate your kind comments. It's feedback like yours that motivates me to keep writing and improving.

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Glad to see you had a blast in Rangoon, seems like you did the same thing as my parent's a couple weeks ago with the 30 bucks cab tour.
You in Y, I can't imagine it
I actually kinda like that Siena photo, maybe college still rubs off me
and Hey, Where is that mystery photo???
Thanks Francis! I wasn't even going to take that Siena shot until Mrs. SFO insisted I do. Now should I post the pic of the "Hello Kitty" girl in front of us in line for the sundae at HKG?

Originally Posted by will2288
and I'm off to book my BOS-ARN-SYD-BOS trip . . .
Sweet!