FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 23, Amsterdam, Alone, & First ever flight
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:49 pm
iwearskirts

23, Amsterdam, Alone, & First ever flight

I am a 23 year old lady taking her first major trip out of country and alone next week. This will also be my first flight. Not first international flight but first time ever being anywhere near a plane.

I'll be leaving out of the ATL Hartsfield International airport. I've heard that's it's very crazy and large and annoying. This is intimidating, yes, but nothing I'm stressing over. I'm mostly worried about finding my gate and what to expect and what to do.

I'm not concerned with security. I know the liquids rule, about laptops, etc etc etc....

If anything I think I will be able to make it through the ATL airport better than the Schipol airport. For some reason it scares me because I'll be out of my element. I always rely on a parent or older sister to do everything for me with travel.

Also, I am terrified of the plane ride, period. I am scared of heights and flying over the deep, cold, dark ocean with no one to talk to for me to be calm is freaking me out. I am sitting on the aisle seat so I can get up and down as I please without disturbing someone.

If you have any tips for me at all it would be greatly appreciated. Anything from me not having a panic attack on the plane to how to open the bathroom doors and lock them to where the best places to go in the Netherlands. I won't be just staying in Amsterdam. I will also be traveling to Eindhoven and visiting the theme park Efteling.