FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do? Possible inappropriate Contact Made by FA in F
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:56 am
dcpatti

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I agree that any unprofessional behavior by a FA needs to be reported, and I think you should send in a carefully worded email. As a third party who wasn't there, it sounds like the FA was being overly familiar and unprofessional, but wasn't groping or trying to cop a feel, and I'd make sure to word my email so that it accurately and clearly reflected the situation. FWIW reading the title of this post, I assumed the FA would have grabbed or groped a passenger in a sexual manner, and while the OP doesn't come out and say that, that's just the mental image I drew while reading. And I absolutely believe you don't want to label someone with sexual misconduct or etc unless they've actually done that. If the OP finds it a non-sexual incident, then the wording should make that clear to the reader. Same goes if the OP thinks it's a sexual incident.

I also agree with the earlier post that the OP should have said something during the flight. I would assume that actually telling the FA to please not touch any more would have ended the problem. When you tell someone to stop doing something, you have to be clear, and can't just hope that body language will be understood. Not trying to make the OP feel worse, just saying that each of us has a responsibility to communicate to others when they're crossing our personal boundaries.

Last edited by dcpatti; Nov 5, 2012 at 7:05 am