View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 12, 6:54 am
dcman2

new user

I'm a new user to ExpertFlyer, I have a premium subscription - Please forgive my question if the answer is obvious to you. Be assured I've tried to do my part and I've spent quite a bit of time reading over users guides and knocking around the site trying to figure out what to do, and I'm still pretty confused.

I'm working on a fairly complicated itinerary for a family vacation next year. It involves travel across the US, to Asia, and to Hawaii, but isn't particularly "easy" and doesn't fit clearly into the round-trip routes that come up on Expertflyer. It involves a fairly big round trip, with stopovers of several days in several cities along the way. In general, should I be looking at doing a series of one-way trips or should I try to jerry-rig a round-trip with stopovers and extra flights on the side (for side trips)? Also, I'm flying out of a fairly small town, but if I put in a round trip flight from my feeder airport somehow fares come up from groups like All Nippon and Singapore, but I cannot access them on their sites. I'm very confused by this.

No matter what I try, the fares I find are more than what come up on Orbitz, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on.

I'm open to any suggestions and advice.

dcman2