FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:12 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks for the great work Prospero, Littlegirl, LTN Phobia, Stez.

What I really don't like in the new concept is that the hours of the two CE 'bad' meals (newly disguised 'extended breakfast' parading as brunch, and 'afternoon tea') are further extended instead of disappearing as they should. Band 3 flight departing LHR at 11.45 to mainland Europe typically means arrival around 3pm including the 1 hour time difference and they want to serve a fruit bowl and lattice pastry or a small selection of cold cuts? And in the other direction, 2pm departure from a third party lounge and you get Dundee cake and the ghastly finger sandwiches? Come on this can't be serious!

As Littlegirl mentioned in another thread, the right thing to do would be to have breakfast till 9.30 and then an all day meal for the rest of the day. I will also admit that I preferred the choice of two hot meals (rather than a meal and a salad with hot element on top) that was there for band 3 flights dinners and winter lunches before.

So all in all, it looks to me like an improvement in ET but a downgrade in CE.