FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for your help for a SkyTeam Route/advice departing from VIENNA (VIE)
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:58 am
AlexanderCDG

Programs: SkyTeam/FlyingBlue Plat - AMEX/AF
Exclamation Looking VIE - PAR via Stopover 09/NOV and Return to preverably MUC (eventually VIE)

Well another “Friday” outbound possible

Next Friday 9 November:
I will be leaving from VIENNA (VIE) to go PARIS i can leave anytime but the sooner the better.

I am ok/willing to make 1 or 2 stopovers (for status flights) as it could be a good moment/timing (no luggages, no much stress) or cross tickets:

I started looking on the differentes sites but i’m not expert as you and again lost !!!
How should i look it up ? It there a best best website for the “uncommon” routes/rates to check ?

From VIENNA : I understood experienced the most commun Skyteam hubs are
Vienna > Lyon / Rome / Amsterdam : are among easy option/operated routes.
And i’m ok “cross” ticketing if needed.
First flights leaving on early morning are fine.
I saw KLM was starting to be booked.
AF and Alitalia still possibilities to work something out i guess but need your advice ☺

1 / I see there is one alitalia @ 170e for VIE-ROM on the Friday (with a random useless return)
from then i could top on a AF ROM PARIS (direct or via AMS)

2 / Or in the mean time for instance i have a reservation on :
GO : FRIDAY 09 NOV
VIE – LYS – CDG
Return : TUESDAY 13 NOV
CDG – VIE (not MUC possible without SKYROCKETING Prices)
300Euros.
I might not take the return to VIE and will take it another time, and will take a Normal Munich Round trip, (also which one return it’ll use another time)
I guess that’s what you call cross tickets (?)

For info “only”
I would have to fly back on Tuesday 13 Nov from Paris to GERMANY (munich) (preferably direct) and in the morning BUT I can ALSO take a separate “normal go & return” for this, if simple and as I saw a new thing : return to other country of destination is no longer possible on airfrance (unless high prices)
I used to do it , still few weeks ago and Germany/Austria for instance was totally fine, and where counting like a normal/local “return” ticket in Eco etc.
I cannot and am not willing to pay business for this and my employer either !!

Normal / price eco will be ok.
What would your suggestions expertise be ?
THOUSAND THANKS AGAIN and have a good week end ))