FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:58 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Help with DL pricing

Guess I could have posted it here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-thread-3.html

but here's my dilemma. I spent a long time (in the hours) researching dates and times and here's what I want to fly (all in F/J on low)

Day 1: Redeye SFO-DTW DL in F
Day 2: DTW-PVG on 777 in J (arrive day 3)
Day 8: PM flight fly PVG-ICN on KE in J
Day 9: AM flight fly ICN-CTS on KE in J
Day 14: Fly CTS-ICN-LAX on KE in J

Purpose of itin is to fly in J and have stops in PVG and CTS. I want flat bed (hence DL DTW-PVG and KE 388 ICN-LAX). Ideally I would fly back to SFO but there is no availability on Day 14 CTS-SFO and no DL low F or Y LAX-SFO on that day, so will end in LAX and purchase ticket LAX-SFO OW. Of course I checked other days the entire month I want to fly and it doesn't work out except this day.

One more bit of info. I want to fly PVG-CTS direct, but only MU does. The day I want to fly MU does not have a direct, so have to connect in ICN with KE. The only way to make this work is fly PVG-ICN one night and ICN-CTS the next day, this is not a stop-over as layover is less than 24 hours.

Hoping I would get lucky I wanted pricing of 120K. Nope, DL says 150K. DM agent works on it for 15 min no luck. Request manual reprice desk and agent comes back 30 min later and claims it is because I have an OJ and SO and can't have both (not true). DM agents transfers me to sup who works on it and says still 150K.

The only rule I can think I break is MPM, SFO-CTS. As CTS is not a hub, that has to be my definition. So I fly SFO-DTW-PVG-ICN-CTS. I don't break the MPS but perhaps MPM, hence DL engine pricing as RT US-No Asia in J plus 1 J intra-No Asia leg.

Thoughts? Help?