FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on GGL Joker combined with Amex / GUF2
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:46 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I think it's even worse...I am unlikely to hit 6K TPs but I know a man who is and it sounds like you and c-w-s might be affected. This guy asked GGL about his extra joker and they said it was valid from earning until the end of the GGL year. So again with my above date example, if you hit 6K on 15th September you'd only have a month to burn that extra joker.

At best agents are giving out random answers and misinformation...at worst, it really is this confusing!
I think it's rare to get mis-information on GGL, but the system did change just over a year ago, so there were legacy Jokers in the system, also did the 6k person make it clear it was for the third joker and not for the soon to expire first joker? But I am quite confident that the 3rd Joker is valid for 12 month + 6 months, other wise I would not have my current haul - this year I got to 6K quickly, but 2 years ago I got to 6K slowly, hence my current stash of 8 Jokers.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 30, 2012 at 3:53 am Reason: typo