FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on GGL Joker combined with Amex / GUF2
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:19 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The relevant letter from Mr. Hillier says the redepemption can be deployed "twice during your membership year"...
That's exactly why I had assumed the Jokers were aligned to my EC Membership Year - so are the Jokers available (for 12 months) from reaching 3000 (and now 6000) TPs in a Membership Year (as they used to be) or are they only available from the beginning of the next Membership Year? The language used is confusing as are the T&Cs which are just as clear!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... I must admit I struggle to use them all, since I don't get the time to do it.
I agree, I've used only one from last year so far, two left. Even though I'm only a few months in to my Membership Year, I will pass the 3000 TP threshold again just before Christmas. Does that mean I will then have 4 Jokers to play? Or are the new ones carried over to my next Membership Year?

I suppose, issuing the Jokers as they are earned does make some sense when you think of it in the context of what is said above. Given the rather confusing information BA issue about this, if Jokers were listed (like the GUF2) in the BAEC account it would avoid any confusion.

Good old BA and the clarity of their communications! I'm sure eventually we'll find out ...