FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forced downgrade on an award ticket for the international segment
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:38 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by iwpingmu
TOLD THEM FULLY BOOKED, NO business seat available, they are not members, also use award seat, so I guess that is why they are the first two people to be chosen to be downgraded

wow, do not know if still keep the board pass, will check, F and I were confirmed at booking, two oldie know very limited english, they might not check the second ticket if it is I or K,
however if downgrade at JFK, should the agent suppose to tell them at JFK? but they told me they are told anything at JFK, but told by agent at SFO
How could they tell them at JFK. They checked in w UA @ JFK and were downgraded by CA in SFO. No one @ UA or JFK had any idea they were downgraded. Even though what others have said is true, and since they were in F from JFK-SFO the award would still be the same number of miles. You should still call UA to complain & ask for some miles back. You paul for F all the way through & that's what you should have gotten unless it was YOUR choice to take a lower class