FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frankenstorm forced rerouting
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:58 pm
africanfrog

Programs: FB PFL
Greetings from cdg holiday inn hotel!!!! The saga continues. Quite entertaining by now I have to say! Will minutes before boarding the paris flight from ams, I get the dreaded email.... 022 30 oct cancelled.. Stop by the desk, should I stay or should I go, like if you guys keep shuttling me around like that as a non rev, it will get expensive! " no pb sir... I just got you a seat on 010 ex cdg tomorrow afternoon... So yes go to paris "

And here I am... Upon landing... Dreaded SMS...... Your flight 010... Has been..... Delayed.... Pffff... Ok.... Well I guess that is an improvement on the moral level....
For the story I had checked in a bag at jnb... Asked ams to intercept... No bag in paris... Except ad luggage people located it in a pile of us bound refugees parcels... And extracted it... In the meantime, whistl at the terminal f counter I ask for a hotel voucher, I am told 1 Monsieur zis iz not our fault... It iz. Zee hurricane... I apologized 20 minutes later for my 8 year old tantrum, but.. Here i am, in a fine little hotel in a very boring part of france, with a glass of pouilly fume... Merci af, guess loyalty like some relationships does have its privileges.... Waiting for tomorrow..... Stay tuned... Ps: for some reason I went from a to m to y down to q in my pnr for this flight.....

Last edited by africanfrog; Oct 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm Reason: Predictive spelling on iPad does strange things