FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 Storm Featuring Hurricane Sandy: Please Report Weather Conditions Near You
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:42 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
MDT

MDT is currently open.

Light rain, looks like it'll stay that way for the next 12 hours or so, then will turn into "squalls" with 30-40 mph winds.

Lots of schools and businesses are closing for tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm assuming they're closing for Tuesday as well now, because they anticipate people being without power to see or hear any closings.

Neither Mr. Kipper's employer nor mine have closed yet. I anticipate his will close early tomorrow, while mine will only close if the city declares a state of emergency and shuts down.

We're on a well, so we have 9 cases of drinking water, should we lose power. We also have several 2-liter bottles, a 5 gallon bucket, 2 coolers, and 5 growlers filled with water for less exotic uses.

While at least right now, we're peachy, I wouldn't mind about positive thoughts and prayers that we weather the storm well, especially Geno, who is terrified of storms, and Bonnie, our foster dog for a week, as we have no idea how she'll react to the weather.