FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:36 am
squatch

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I am a type I diabetic and like to use OJ to treat hypos if possible. When I fly on a non-delta airline I just put two juice boxes from home in their own bin, show the screener my insulin pen and they swap the juice boxes and I am on my way. If I fly Delta, it's always out of DTW and I just go to the skyclub and grab a can or two of OJ out of the fridge to take with me and am fine since I am post security and if I don't need it I just leave it behind.

I have heard from a couple people in DTW they will be doing away with the self service bars in the next year or so. If those rumors are true it will mean bringing juice boxes from home for those flights. Will I be able to use precheck and just give them the juice boxes to scan or will I have to use the other lines? Wasn't sure if that would exclude me from using precheck or not.
i am type I also. you may like OJ, but getting liquids through security is dicey due to inconsistent TSA rules interpretation, and in your case in particular, the low level of competence generally displayed at DTW.

i deal with this situation with a sleeve of glucose tablets or a couple of candy bars. it causes less hassle. these things may not be as tasty as OJ, but they will cause you less grief when you inevitably run into a TSA who has no idea what he/she is doing.

just food for thought. ^