FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:07 am
BOShappyflyer

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Different folks, different output I guess.
Meanwhile has anybody cleared an saver award C or F seat, while holding a Y/C award seat?
Would be interested to learn the process & result?
Also, has anybody experience in clearing at T-24?
Just went through it recently, but not successfully. Waitlisted for months for BusinessFirst for 3 tickets for months. A F saver award space open up the day before, so I just snapped that one up instead for 1 ticket. The other two remained in waitlisted status until T-24. Got an email that my waitlist didn't go through, but that I would still be on the waitlist after I check into my flight. (It's not true! )

Upon check in, the counter agent wasn't willing to add to the waitlist and doesn't seemed to know or care about FFCC (which I didn't mention but she proactively says that if it didn't clear, you'll just get your miles back). In the end, it never cleared because we were never on the list once at T-24, and BusinessFirst seemed to be booked solid.

Guess it's useful prior to T-24 because you won't have to keep monitoring for it, but other than than, I'm not sure it's as useful.