FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Oct 27, 12, 10:46 am
  #65  
JC5280
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SAN
Programs: Marriott and SPG Platinum Premier Lifetime + Ambassador Charter, UA 1MM, UA 1K, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 1,574
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt View Post
Thanks for clarifying.

Now, to decide if I should book now to lock in Y, or wait for J...

Does UA charge a fee for the ticket change to go up from Y to J? I believe if it was just a routing change but on the same date it wouldn't have a fee (other than the 90 day fee).

So if I lock in Y and check back for J what sort of fees do you think I would be looking at to bump it up?
I would lock in the Y seat to confirm you are able to go. Depending on the routing and if you are willing to accept Y. But while waiting for J to open up (which may or may not happen) you could lose the Y seat and find yourself with no other options.
JC5280 is offline