FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:33 pm
johndoe123

Originally Posted by josephstern
So there are different levels of access with ACH? I really haven't explored that world, but a one-way deposit only account is pretty intriguing. All of those people who complain that PayPal yanked money out of their accounts . . . here's a way to keep that from happening.

But, if PayPal can't withdraw, maybe they won't verify it either? Maybe verification is predicated on the ability to withdraw by them?
Yes, the bank just denies it. After all, if I try to ACH withdraw 50,000 out of your account and it has $2 in it, it doesn't just go through without confirmation.

Finding a bank that offers that kind of account might be another story. ACH typically seems like an on/off option. And I'm not going to say there isn't a hidden agreement for reversing unauthorized transfers (in error), but I do not consider the paypal due to a dispute being an error.

They may not care. Enter in the numbers and let us know. All paypal wants you to type in is the deposit amounts to make sure the account is yours.