FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:58 am
tonyflyer

Funny, my experience was exactly the opposite.

My BB account was suspended/locked yesterday due to two VR reloads within 24-hours, at least that was I was told by an Amex BB CSR, she unlocked my account but advised me to wait for at least 24 hours to do another reload. My two reloads worked again today

Originally Posted by thegasguru
Some data points:

I loaded $1000 via Van Reload at 3pm today.
I loaded another $1000 via Van Reload at 1215am (just past midnight). In both instances, I went ahead and tried to load an additional $500 (to go over the $1000 daily limit), and the error message kicked in.

So...unlike the Amex Prepaid card, which won't allow you to load again in less than 24 hours, the Bluebird max load of $1000/day is based on a calendar day, not 24 hours.

Also, I loaded a mixture of OD reload cards and Walgreen's reload cards. The reload cards are slightly different - OD cards have a bar code on the bottom, and Walgreen's reload cards have a magnetic strip, as well as a green background where the 10 digit secret code is printed. Both cards reloaded without a problem.