FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:32 am
travelswithmyself

Originally Posted by BFrankley
Does anyone have feedback on a more recent stay? I'm considering this hotel for a trip in January.
My stay was in June. What do you want to know?

1. Nusa Dua is kinda out of the way - so I probably won't stay here again
2. The Westin and Laguna are literally next to each other and there's a small path/passage that connects the two
3. So if you are racking up stays to requalify - yes you can do alternate nights at either - you can even leave your luggage with one or the other and pack a night bag - the staff are used to it
4. I found the Westin newer and more contemporary while I found the Laguna grander but older and in need of refurbishment. I'm not one for traditional architecture and the "authentic experience" - if you want that don't stay SPG go to some balinese villa somewhere in Ubud
5. I also stayed at the W which was very "W"-like but not much else. At least it was nearer to the food. It's also ~ double the price.
6. The Westin and Laguna share the same beach - fairly nice sand, easy to swim. The W is a surfing area - not for swimming. Not for young kids.
7. Since your trip is in Jan, why not check out the open-by-then Sheraton Kuta? Right in the smack of town. Not sure of Le M Jimbaran will be open by then but that's an option too. I have to say I have always stayed clear of these areas because of 2002 and 2005. But that's me.