FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:31 am
X3Skier

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by mersk862
Not exactly clear from your post, but if you have an international leg on your PNR, you should not get PreCheck. Doesn't matter if your first leg is domestic.
I have gotten Precheck previously but not surprisingly, the logic of the system escapes me.

When I traveled last week DL BE CVG-BOS-LHR, I was denied in both CVG and BOS because I was flying Internationally. I had to go through TSA both places because of the terminal switch in BOS.

OTOH, on the return, same denial at the Domestic TSA Check Point for the Domestic leg of DL BE LHR-BOS-CVG (again a terminal change in BOS) even though I had cleared Customs and Immigration (GOES was great!) and thus basically no different than Joe Bagodonuts who just walked in the terminal door from Boston.

Only rationale appears to me is that International flights are considered higher risk leaving the USA and TSA also doesn't trust overseas screening and want to do their own full version before allowing you onto a domestic flight when you return. I know it doesn't have to make sense so I will go with the flow.

Cheers