FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the luxury hotels of Venice
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:22 am
Londonjetsetter

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by behuman
Great report DavidO, thank you.

I wonder how the Gritti will be when reopened. I staid there many times when things went better and when it was still a CIGA hotel (anyone of you knows what this company was - tempi passati). Also becoming Starwood "luxury" collection it kept its character with leading staff doing everything for NOT becoming Starwoodized - the resistence was at times comical. Now it is about being completely refurbished and will become unaffordable for many.

For Venice I am looking now for a new style boutique "slim luxury" option at no more than EUR 300 to 500 as I believe this is the amount to spend in a place where you will not be in the room anyway I prefer a better seat at the Fenice. The only destination hotel in Venice is the Cipriani where you could pass all your time - Orient Express at its best
Behuman, a few years ago I stayed at C'a Pisani, which I enjoyed. The location is fairly quiet, but convenient nonetheless. No idea what it is like now, but would be worth having a look at. I would consider it again if I went back.