FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:27 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by midlevels
As far travel in Y is concerned (and in most cases J as well), if you have any kind of CX or OW status I would not worry about getting bumped off the flight. You can safely assume that there will be people without status who CX will bump off instead.
Yup. Just even being a Green member virtually guarantees that you won't have this issue.

Reading FT people here get the false assumption that "everyone" is a frequent flier member. Hardly. Next time you're on a flight make sure to stand in line (the regular economy class line), and just look at people's boarding passes - CX prints FF #s in a very easy place to see, on the stub at the bottom right above the seat assignment. I'd say 7/10 people in the economy class line don't have any FF program filled in. Yesterday on a regional flight, waiting in the priority line, the family of four people travelling together in front of me in line - all in J - had no FF # filled in. I admit to taking a peek, as the father handed over all the BPs together to the check-in agent at the same time. Even in J/F class, I notice at least 33% or more of people don't have a FF # on their BP.