FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Banff Springs
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:12 pm
habshabs444

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
The Escape to Willow Stream Spa package isn't quite what it used to be.

Not only has the "base" price increased (the same time last year the package was $449; now it is in the $529 range), but the included massages/"treatments" are only comped up to $179.

It used to be that there were around 10 or so massage options that you could choose from as part of the spa package, ranging from the basic relaxation massage ($179 list price) to a mountain stone massage ($199 list price).

Now, apparently, you can chose any massage (although this point is not entirely clear), but when you book your appointment, you are bruskly told that the package only gets you a massage worth $179 and if you want something that costs more than that, you are responsible for the price difference (although, if you are a presidents club member, you do get 10% off the difference).

How many massages are offered at $179? I counted around 4.

Suffice it to say that this strikes me as a bit of a devaluation in the spa package.
I was able to book a night with this package in November for $469. When booking our massages there is only in fact one type available at the $179 price point, however, given that it will be getting claimed under my benefits anyways, it was a non-issue for me.