FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chase Amazon VISA [redemption values changing; see post #65]
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:32 am
eturowski

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Chase Amazon.com Rewards Card - 25,000 pts for $450 air ticket no longer available?

I got an email from Chase this morning stating that there have been some "exciting new changes" to the rewards program. My first thought was they had changed the $400 (not $450) air travel ticket reward (cost: 25,000 points), which was arguably one of the better perks of having the card. Sure enough, I looked at the new award redemption brochure:

- Redemptions may be made in 1 point increments for each $0.0100 incremental ticket value. For example, 20,000 points can be redeemed for a $200 airline ticket.
- If you book a ticket with a value greater than the value of the “fixed” ticket, the additional amount must be paid for using your Card and/or additional points.
So, it looks like the $400 RT ticket for 25,000 points is no longer available... just as I was getting ready to book one for skiing in Breckenridge in March.

This was one of the only reasons I like this card so much, so it looks like I might be in the market for a new primary rewards card soon.

Last edited by eturowski; Oct 22, 2012 at 9:46 am Reason: ticket cost corrected