FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:02 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines, I've reserved seats on my upcoming flight (Seats only available to SEN/HON) - as this is the first time I'm flying longhaul Economy as SEN, the seat reservation does make quite sense (exit row) rather than when I was just a FTL or flying Business, where the difference in what's available is lesser and I never cared about it much. Aisle is aisle..

So, now my question is, I reserved a very good exit row seat, is there a "deadline" I need to be checked in on flight day, before it gets automatically "free" for other pax, or is the seat available for me till the very last minute of checkin time?

I might not be able to online checkin that day (but if you tell me I should to make sure I keep my seat, I might be able to have it arranged), and will reach the airport probably quite tight (still ok for checkin deadline - but only by about 20 minutes) - I most certainly don't want to lose my seat and be placed in the last row middle seat for a 12 hours flight.. Thank you
Dear YuropFlyer, as a SEN you are entitled to reserve an Emergency Exit seat, please bear in mind however, that no seat reservation is guaranteed – changes can be made in exceptional cases by the check-in staff at the airport if deemed necessary. I therefore recommend that you have your check-in arranged 23 hours prior to departure. I hope the information is useful, Isabell