FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAROM (Non-Glam) Business Class
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:39 pm
KQ321

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Based on a few recent flights, here is a quick update on Tarom’s Business Class:

Seating
On the 737-300 and 737-700, business is 3-4 rows of 2+2 seating (a similar approach to KQ’s, but not quite as spacious, I felt). Still, much better than most airlines seem to offer for European short-haul these days.

Business class on a 737-700
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

However, the A318 has an ‘Air France’ style setup: basically 3+3 economy-class seats (and pitch?), with the middle-seat blocked, and the back-rest folded down to form a table. This is not nearly so spacious as the 737 layout.

IFE
The 737-700 (and I think the A318) has overhead TV screen (although they only seemed to be showing a series of shorts, rather than a full movie). The 737-300 didn’t have any video.

Meals
My flights were all 2+ hrs, and in each case there was a reasonable hot meal served. Admittedly I’m no gourmet, but I thought the quality was pretty good.

Breakfast

There are also pictures of Tarom meals on their website.

Lounge
I thought the lounge in OTP is now Tarom-branded, but I might be wrong. It’s up the escalators to the left, around gate 9 (I think). It’s light and airy, with a nice view over part of the apron. As mentioned above, it has free wifi, drinks and snacks (but no hot food). No need for an invitation card - C-class BP (or ST E+ FFP card, presumably) is sufficient to gain entry.

Tarom lounge in Bucharest Otopeni, international terminal

Other
All my flights were on time.

The cabin crew were friendly and helpful (and spoke English).

I got very prompt and helpful responses by email, when I needed to change my reservations, etc.

Summary
I was quite impressed, and thought it was a good product compared to short-haul C-class on many other airlines these days. I would certainly fly RO again, should their routes and schedules fit my requirements.