FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:43 am
Toronto1970

Programs: United Premier 1K
I FINALLY successfully was able to book a domestic Air Canada flight using my Aegean Miles. I've been checking the Aeroplan site daily hoping for a YYZ-YVR one-way flight to show up again for the week before Christmas.

One did this morning, so I called Aegean ASAP. The agent knew immediately that something was wrong when she saw the 300+ Euro taxes coming up. She placed the reservation on hold, and said she would call me back. Within an hour she called me back, and confirmed the correct taxes of 61 Euro + 20 Euro booking fee, and 12,500 miles. Given that Air Canada wanted $728CDN for this ticket (I kid you not!), I'm really glad I was able to snag this!

I gave her my credit card number, and within an hour an e-mail came through confirming the reservation. The agent even called me soon after to confirm that I had gotten the e-mail.

The agent in question was by far the best I have dealt with at an airline call-center in a long time. I'm tempted to post her name here, but I don't think that's Kosher. But I may send a note off to Aegean to let them know the good service she provided.