FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate Shortage at LAX Results in Remote Pad Parking and Passenger Disembarkment
Old Oct 16, 2012, 2:30 am
2stepbay

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, Hertz Pres Circle
Frustrating indeed. What you experienced is the "Continental mentality" side of the new United. Something similar was said to me by a United agent when I was in LAX last month. Personally, I have noticed a significant drop in quality service since the merger.

That comment from the agent came from this experience: I flew to Chicago from Kona via LAX. The flight was an hour late leaving KOA due to an equipment malfunction. There were a number of people on board needing to make the early Chicago connection.

Flight arrived at the Gate next to the Chicago flight about 5 minutes before that flight was to depart. A number of us hurried to the Chicago counter only to find out the flight was closed. We were instructed to go to the Service Counter to book a later flight. At the Service Counter I learned the next available confirmed flight would be 10am or 4 hours later. I was booked on standby for the 7 o'clock flight. I got the last seat on that flight. Despite my Premier Gold status, I sat way in the back of a 320 Airbus in a middle seat.

Welcome to the new United.