FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATL Ground Stop - Equipment Failure
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2012, 1:08 am
Vuelos

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by realjd
So I sat next to a deadheading pilot on my connecting flight. He confirmed that "equipment failure" referred to runway construction. The way our pilots on the MLB flight phrased it meant that most of the pax thought there was a plane crash or something...
Small world, I thought the same thing when the pilot mentioned it over the PA...

Originally Posted by ssk1127
DL treats MLB like crap....

I actually have recently switched to become a UA 1K instead of a DL DM because I've just gotten fed up with the way DL treats MLB.

I became a DL FF mainly because I wanted to take advantage of the service to MLB, but nowadays I always end up having to fly out of MCO anyway, so why not just fly the bigger airline with the better FF program.
I'd beg to differ... ex-MCO I still think DL > UA... and I've flown UA more recently.

Then again, this summer has been MUCH better than last summer at MLB when I was getting a weekly call from the station manager with "better flight routings"...