View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 12, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 30,174
I'm adding on to my last post because I encountered some sort of strange UBB bug that wouldn't let me complete it.

In addition to the residence permit, you need to complete the medical check (remember to bring pictures), and take their written test, which you might have to schedule in advance. While I've met a few people who have failed the test (because some of the questions defy logic), most people pass it, and if you're really feeling desperate, there are ways to get around this requirement completely (wink, wink).

Nobody seems to care how many days/stay you have on your visa; only the total remaining validity matters to the powers that be.

While technically illegal, many car rental companies are completely cool with the practice of renting cars to people with foreign DLs (only).
moondog is online now