FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:39 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freshairborne
Honestly, reading about all the mistrust our passengers have for their pilots is pretty discouraging. A quick unofficial observation of posts on FlyerTalk tell me that as I stand at the door and bid farewell to my passengers as they deplane, 7 of 10 of them believe that their pilots are untrustworthy.

Actually, by the time I make it back to door 2L (757) all the "elitists" have gone, and its just the "kettles" still deplaning.

I'm a "kettle" myself, given that I don't fly as a passenger all that often, nor do I ever ride anywhere other than "steerage" when I do.

What's the derogatory term-of-the-day for pilots these days, anyway?

A load off my chest, rant over, flame away.

FAB
I for one trust the pilots. If I didn't I would not be on a plane. So count me as one of the 3 in 10. What would a pilot have to gain by not being truthful to the passengers. The only time I would not want the whole truth is if would cause mass hysteria on the plane. Sometimes you need to sugar coat things. But honesty is good and I for one appreciate it. I have never knowingly heard a pilot lie about something. Sometimes you just don't know how long the delay will be or give the info you were given and when it turns out to be wrong the 7 in 10 blame you, the pilot when it is not your fault. I APPRECIATE and RESPECT the pilots the fly the planes I am on.