FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who never flies a US carrier International?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:34 am
slawecki
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDMDW1
I guess this is more directed to US frequent flyers.

If it is practical, does any member here not fly US carriers on international routes?

I read a lot of airline forums and the resounding message is USA carriers service falls short of many other non US carriers.

Out of ORD I have a hub for two of the worlds largest airlines. We have a host of foreign flag carriers here like BA, Cathay, AF, KLM, Etihad, and many many others.

I haven't flown international as yet and with so many options it leaves one, stumped
i have not had good fortune with for'n carriers swiss died. alitalia moved from iad. so did iberia(think it was). for domestic, delta dried up. each carried miles away. lh now charges a lot for an award ticket. my domestic airline award miles got transfered to another airline. i had miles on northwest, pan am, branif, and a couple others. the miles transferred to another us airline.

i find ua in biz class tatl to be acceptably decent service. aa is similar. i read that for transpacific the oriental airlines are quite superior. never none one.

Last edited by slawecki; Oct 6, 2012 at 12:44 am