FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:27 pm
capebretonboy

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Surely for 220 miles you're better off just adding an unnecessary connection on an existing flight rather than paying $300 for a whole extra trip?
I agree, good point, but it is due to my job. I can't really do multi-city. The best I can do is route myself through YYZ and onwards to my typical work destination of YOW. I've routed myself through YYZ for 3 of the last 4 work trips (should have done it 4/4 in hindsight). In any case, this weekend I have friends heading up to YEG by car for the day and I am just going to hop back to YYC with them. One way to YEG direct was $187 taxes in, $237 taxes in through YVR. So for just $50 more I will have jet service instead of a DH3, and plus it will make for a nice Saturday spent flying (over the Rockies 2x). Most importantly, I will get an additional 500 AE status miles to really pad the account to ensure AE 50K for 2013. All in all, worth it, IMO. (I know, spoken like a addict