FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United has the WORST customer service. (2013 Edition)
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:49 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JS297
Excuse me for not having proper paragraphs in my complaint. I thought this was just a place where I could give my opinions about terrible customer service.

I don't know where I wrote anywhere in my original complaint that I wanted a full refund of my original ticket? Anyway, that is not the case. I just wanted the overweight baggage fee refunded.

I just included the changing seat things because I was already mad about the baggage and their customer service. I do not expect any changes to be done about that.

I understand that the correct ticket information is needed for them to look into the complaint. I was just frustrated that they couldn't just update my already existing complaint instead of having to go through the whole process again.

I also know that cancelling the Chase credit card doesn't directly impact United. I was just making a point that I didn't want anything to do with United anymore.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely look into whatelse I can do to rectify my problem. In the future if I ever come across this problem, I will definitely transfer my things even if the ticket agent tells me I can't.
You should have definitely been allowed to move stuff around between the 2 bags. But you should also take this as a lesson learned. you knew from the outbound that one was over weight and the other under. You made an assumption that the next TA would be as nice and let it slide like the first. You should never assume. If you can, make sure both bags are underweight before you check in and you will avoid all these hassles.

As for the seats, you mentioned that just before you checked in you checked online that you still had seats together, why didn't you check in online at that time? You can always reprint your boarding passes when you check your bags.

I personally think you are having a knee jerk reaction in canceling the credit card and swearing off UA for 2 issues that could have been handled by yourself before you got to the airport. What makes you think it will be better at another airline? They enforce baggage weights, they change seats. Enjoy that fact that you had a great honeymoon and are starting a wonderful life together with your new spouse. Don't let this ruin your day. Yes, try and get your baggage fee refunded but with the new UA I would not be surprised if it took months if you get it at all.