FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Hyatt Card Features
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:19 pm
cashmccall

The extra qualifying nights for $20k/$40k spending is a marketing failure. Whoever dreamed of this as an incentive should be fired for stupidity. I spend $400k a year across several cards and no additional funds are going to maintain this card. The card itself is fine, but their $20/40k carrot is rotten!! I don't even see the carrot on the stick.

Chase/Hyatt should have made $50k spending FOR diamond status. I might have spent $50k on it to get that.

And for all you morons talking about mattress runs, it's wasted money. Spending on your card gets you your product/bill paid. Paying the chain for an empty room and not needed is dumber than the new reward features (unless you just need the bump to reach next level). Yet, I'm not a hard-core analyzer like some on this board. I primary spend my money on my AMEX and send the points to the airlines.

I'll be spending annually $10k on the Ritz card and $30k on the BA card.

Hyatt.....do a better job here. Yet, I am guessing chase and hyatt tried to work out some better benefit here and chase could only get them to implement "this". They might be protecting the diamond status.....but how many people would be added at $40/$50k spending??