FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:01 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Interested to know how easy it was for people to nominate a SO...seems like there is room for people to invite a friend and simply change their MP address to the same address. Could this crowd the 1K field if 1Ks are doing this?
So what??? Are you saying those that are not married deserve nothing? That's UA's problem for coming up with this ridiculous benefit that besides being worthless to a lot of people is also discrimitory.

I wouldn't take the chance myself but only cuz I have a GF that does not need it. If I didn't, who knows. I deserve the same benefits as everyone else!!!

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I'm sure UA loves people who misunderstand rules to UA's benefit. If you achieve MM status, there are no further minimum flying requirements. You have already fulfilled the requirements for this particular benefit (ie 1MM+ miles). You don't have to re-qualify each year with 4 segments. It's a lifetime benefit granted at the required mileage achievement. The only further requirement is to breathe, although there's probably nothing preventing SO from continuing to enjoy benefit post your demise (other than sense of honesty).
Did you really say the word "lifetime"?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 3, 2012 at 7:52 am Reason: merge