FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Absurd situation-- downgraded on IAD-BRU
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:54 am
easte

Programs: UA 1K, AF FB silver
Originally Posted by mherdeg
You had a confirmed reservation in a premium cabin and were denied that seat. Under UA's own rules, UA will offer you fairly generous downgrade compensation (iirc, high three figures). Ask about "GG OVS DOWNGRADE" if agents don't believe you.
Thanks for the advice. The gate agents tried to give the responsibility to me, saying that I showed up too late, when I had accepted a coach boarding pass. The paradox is that I showed up late because the check in agent could not fix the problem, and told me I would have been given the right boarding pass at the gate.
Also, in their system my upgrade showed as not confirmed, but the supervisor who came at the gate could see that I had in my hands a confirmed upgrade (I managed to email to her just before my BF seat disappeared also from the reservation I had on my phone).
I will ask for compensation, although I have to say that I am fairly tired of compensations when UA does not meet its commitments. This would make the second time I get compensated in 2 weeks for services faults... which does not speak very well of the service...