FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Are Platinums Treated So Poorly At Marriott?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:27 pm
CPRich
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I've had this happen in many US properties. Depends where you stay and the staff you get. Am I the only one on here who is very satisfied with the service I get most of the time?
No, people just like to complain the bad service but don't bother with the "I had a good stay at xxx". Truthfully, it would be rather boring as I suspect it would multiply traffic 20-50x, and 90-95% of the posts would be "I had a stay at xxx, no problems." I just wish the generalizations (the entire program stinks because 1 person has 1 problem at x, corporate HQ is making the program useless because it took them more than 3 days to take action against one hotel when they xxx), and swear they are leaving for greener pastures at (fill in last program they left for the same reason) for the 17th time this year...

I have about 1500 nights over the last 20 year, among various programs, and probably have had 50 not so great stays, maybe 5 bad stays and no "OMG, this is the worst thing ever" stays. Maybe I'm just lucky.