FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Are Platinums Treated So Poorly At Marriott?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:38 pm
Travel Pro

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Am I the only one on here who is very satisfied with the service I get most of the time?
I still like Marriott and find value in my Lifetime Platinum status, although I find that I'm not staying at Marriott's as much as I used to. Just observing that the program has been watered down over the years.

My way of thinking is that you try to improve/enhance service/benefits... think of ways to make the guest experience better... and continue to improve. I felt Marriott was a loyalty program leader as they built out the program. It's certainly not exclusive to Marriott (most other companies are guilty as well)... but over the past 10 years they seem to be trying to figure out ways to cut costs/services/benefits.... and this is not conducive to customer loyalty/retention, which is the heart of what these programs are all about. Gotta get the short-sighted accountants out of the picture and explain to them that offering great benefits and service to their customers will boost the bottom line over the long run.