FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous Ultimate Rewards Mall credit run-around
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:37 pm
emax48

Originally Posted by sdlevi27
My last 3 purchases via UR have been a nightmare to get credited. Twice I was told I "did not purchase it via the Ultimate Rewards website" with the standard scripted explanation of how to use a web browser (I guess the last 25+ times I used the UR Mall slipped my mind and now I forgot how to use a web browser).

The last one put me over the edge...this was on a website via the UR Mall that uses Amazon Payments as it's checkout method. First, the clueless SMC rep says that he would not credit me the missing points at all. Then, the "Senior" rep says that I need to send, via mail, a copy of the receipt showing the purchase (even though it clearly shows on my Chase statement).

Chase, you advertise the UR Mall as one of the primary benefits of your card, and yet your flakey technology vendor and clueless e-mail reps make it a complete displeasure to use it.

Anyone else going through this lately?
Did you use a chase credit card? Mind sharing what vendors you are having problems with.

For my own experience, never had any problems unless I use a non-chase card. Then the results are hit and miss.