FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye and goodluck!
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:51 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by PWMRamper
Deat FT,

Just found out this afternoon that in just a few weeks, I will no longer have a job with United Express in Portland, Maine.

As seems to be the standard operating procedure these days, UA will be switching Ground Handlers in Portland. This is surely for a combination of factors, though I'm sure it primarily cost related, as these things usually are.

When I was offered the job way back in 2008, I couldn't imagine the impact it would have on my life. I went into the job with no idea that it would become a near obsession. I fell in love with the job, the industry, the people. I discovered what I want to do for a career, and hopefully will still achieve that goal in the future. I have Jet-A and Glycol running through my veins, and that won't change anytime soon.

It's been an amazing ride, and I'm thrilled to have met some of you over the years. For those I wasn't able to meet, I'm glad I've been able to help people here on FT, hopefully giving folks a bit of an inside perspective on various topics and issues. Indeed, reading your points of view on things has helped me serve everyone better as well.

I'm not sure what the next few months will hold, or where I'll end up. Ideally, I'd love to continue to work in the industry. While I love the Friendly Skies, I'm keeping all of my options open, not just looking at UA. If I am fortunate enough to grab another job in this wonderful field, I'll be sure to share it with you all. Regardless of what company or job field I end up in, I'll be sticking around here for quite a while, this has always been more than a job to me.

These next few weeks will be incredibly bittersweet. I look forward to work like I normally do, but in the back of mind I know there's a clock ticking down to departure time...

Sincerely,

Gabriel
Sorry to hear that & fingers crossed you get something even better!

Have appreciated your posts; don't desert us on FT.

Cheers.