Old Sep 27, 12, 4:48 am
Terbang

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Hello asimha,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

You were informed correctly by my colleagues in the Service Center. The regulation regarding the advance seat reservation on the A340-600 was implemented for overwing-exit-seats on February 4, 2010 . The federal aviation office decided that all four exit seats in this row must be occupied. In general, emergency seats can be reserved by status members, though. To abide the federal regulation, advance seat reservation for all passengers had to be put out of action – therefore these seats are only accessible upon check-in 23 hours prior to departure. Please understand that this is out of our hands and we are sorry that we cannot offer the usual service here. I would recommend you to check in as soon as the flight is available, so that you can still get your preferred seat.

Best regards,

Isabell
Dear Isabell,

I appreciate the clear answers you have given so far on the first 3 threads.

On this Forum it has been stated regulary that the rules regarding OpUp's have been changed at LH.
The so-called grading list at the gate was in the past based upon status of the passengers (first Hon than Senator, etc).
Now it is stated on this forum that the price paid is the decision factor (travel class).
Would you be so kind to confirm that this change in OpUp procedure at LH has been implemented??

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Terbang; Sep 27, 12 at 7:31 am