FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:33 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Quality Inn Jamacia Air Train

Grade: B-

My second time staying here, this time was a little worse. The good part is this hotel is one of the best values in New York as with the AAA discount the rate is $89. Plus, it's a two block walk to the Airtrain or to the E/J/Z trains at Parsons Blvd station. The neighborhood around the hotel is fine too as there are some convenience stores and restaurants in walking distance, plus a gross looking strip club/bar on the corner.

Check in took a while as there was only one agent on duty (seems to only be one agent at all times) and the gentleman in front of me took a while. Room is pretty small but the air conditioning worked well. Newer style television with a lot of channels was a definite plus, though the water pressure in the shower was terrible. Also, there's only one elevator for a 6 floor hotel and waits are a long time.

Breakfast options were standard: pastries, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, tasteless juice. Pretty standard stuff. There's also a pizza vending machine in the lobby (?). There used to be more computers for guest use, now it's just one by the front desk. Also, check-out time is 11 and it seems to be impossible to get a late checkout, though the desk stored my bags. Still, I'm not complaining about the rate, especially for NYC